Gridview rowupdating does not fire

Rated 3.86/5 based on 552 customer reviews

You will notice that I remove the "Update" and add my own Link Button in the same place the Update link was. Row Index)); The "Update$" would call the "Update" method for the Grid View.

I then attach my own dynamic navigateurl to what the javascript is supposed to be when I don't mess around with the onfocus events for the textboxes... The only problem was that the values didn't traverse over when I looped through them. Sort of a round about way of doing it, but at least the javascript in the textboxes work.

Helpful to verify reports of your own downtime, or to double check a downed website you are trying to access.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

I proved this by removing the javascript, which makes everything work fine. You have to take into consideration when you click on an update or edit commands on the browser, you are triggering a javascript that will do the postback and it looks like your script and the update script are not working together e" Where are you getting the Edit command button and command from?

why are looping and where did you come up with txt Formula from?

I'm looping because I want to find all the textboxes in the row upon Row Created, and add the javascript attributes to those textboxes.

The txt Formula is a textbox not listed here, but it's a textbox at the top of the screen, and not part of the gridview.

I have tried to not override in control and instead use delegates like I described in ...

Everything is working fine on my gridview except the Update. I've researched the problem and tried various solutions I've seen, but no luck.

I'm hoping someone else can see something that I'm missing.

If you did it the same way, each update column name in your design page must have the same name as the parameter names in your update method in the BLL class and possibly in the same order. Thanks As I mentioned earlier, I added all updating events (Row Updating, Row Updated, Updating and Updated) and set a breakpoint at each. It's not getting to my update method (Set Additional Insured) at all.

******************************************************************* Actually all the parameters in the update method have to be the same name as the database column names eg..my BLL class I have the following update method: Hi: Please set breakpoints in Grid View's Row Updating and Row Updated event handler. Also set breakpoints in Object Data Source's Updating and Updated event handler to test. Thanks, Rhonda Hi: Thanks for your code but what I mean is the HTML tags rendered to client side.

Leave a Reply